It’s no secret that Matt and I love a good DIY project. We bought our first home only 16 months ago, and have been non-stop renovating ever since.
From day dot we had decided that the smallest bedroom in our little 3 bedroom home, would one day become the nursery.
As we did with the rest of the house before we moved in, we stripped the old smelly, ugly room and repainted and re-carpetted it.
and then it looked like this, along with all the junk stored in there for the next year.
So even though the worst of the work was done in the nursery, we had along way to go before this room would look like a pretty little girls nursery.
About two months ago we finished, and I couldn’t be happier with the result.
We painted the room in grey and white stripes, so it could be used for a little boy one day, if we have one.
The drawers are an old set of pine drawers we had in our bedroom when we first lived together. Matt stripped them back, painted them and put on new knobs. I had originally wanted these to be pink, but Matt was adamant that they should be this colour, and I’m glad I went with his choice!
The floor rug is from IKEA. I had searched and searched for months, trying to find a rug I liked for under $300, and then found this for $79! The shallow book shelves are also from IKEA.
I made the triangle quilt hanging on the cot entirely from scrap fabric I had.
The tissue paper flowers hung above the cot were copied from a pinterest pin I found and cost me all of about $10 make.
I picked up the chair on clearance, and sewed two pieces of mink together to make a blanket and bring a splash of colour to the chair. I also made the little cushion on the chair from scrap fabric.
We had so much fun putting this room together. I often find myself sitting in there and admiring our handiwork.
Now we just have to wait these last few days until our little lady arrives to start using this beautiful room.