After making a few quilts for friends having babies over the last few years, I was excited to get stuck into a cot quilt for my own little man recently!
I made the quilt top out of scraps I already had, and had my first attempt at patch working blocks. I love the traditional patchwork style and I’m keen to try some more like it.
I’m pleased with the end result, and I’m now looking forward to using it as inspiration when planning the new nursery.
24 weeks along now, so only four more months until we meet the little man and I can snuggle him up in his new quilt 🙂
A good friend of mine had a beautiful little baby girl a couple of months ago, and I whipped up a cute cot quilt for her.
I’m disappointed by the quality of the photos I took, as they really don’t do the colours justice.
This is the quilt I mentioned way back here. The first quilt I completed with a mink backing. I was told it couldn’t be done, but I did it!
I hope it’s new owner will get plenty of use out of it as winter rolls around 🙂
I was so excited to give this beautiful baby boy quilt to it’s new owner on Saturday.
(got to love this photo with the very glamorous shed in the background, and unfinished pizza oven in the foreground!
The little man hasn’t arrived yet, but I hope he loves it!
I had so much fun making it.
We’ve a few more friends having babies soon, so the baby quilt production line continues 🙂
It’s just lucky I love making them.
I’m very pleased with this little project.
I’ve spent a long time lusting over pretty picnic rugs, and finally decided to make my own for this Spring and Summer.
It’s made from a vinyl topped table cloth (for waterproofing the back) and patchworked duck cloth.
This was an easy little project. The most time consuming part was hand stitching the binding. At a fairly slow pace, I knocked this project over in a week.
I bought this ‘beautiful’ tablecloth on ebay for $8. I figured it didn’t matter too much what it looked like, as you wouldn’t see it when the rug’s laid out anyway.
Once I’d quilted the patchwork top to the backing, I trimmed off the excess table cloth, and then added the binding. I made the binding myself, because I’m too cheap and fussy to buy bias tape.
Here’s a glimpse at how the back ended up looking.
Penny was insistent on helping me take photos.
I’ve been toying with the idea of adding some hand embroidery to my quilts lately, so I thought I’d try it out first on this rug.
It’s not perfect, but practice makes perfect!
As per usual, I made far too much bias tape, so I sewed around the edges of the left overs, and then sewed the strip to the back of my picnic rug, to hold the rug together when it’s rolled up.
and here’s the finished product.
I’m so happy with it, and can’t wait to have our first picnic with it!
It seems I have a triangle quilt addiction.
I’ve recently started another equilateral triangle quilt, to get through some of my many fabric leftovers.
It’s the biggest quilt I’ve attempted yet, to fit a single bed.
Lots and lots of triangles. I originally worked out that I was going to need 216, then as I started cutting them out I began to wonder whether I’d miscalculated. Yep, I only needed 132. Glad I realised that before I’d cut out 216!
Taking up half my lounge room floor.
My very professional method for keeping them in order.
The top all together, and some evidence of my triangle addiction, with the triangle quilt Miss E uses as a play mat, on the floor.
Now to go buy some batting, make the backing and some bias tape, and we’ll be ready to quilt!
but, I’m already distracted by the next project….